Directed by Nasser Bakhti
Geneva, 24 hours in the life of five people, none of whom fit into Geneva’s postcard image as a city of privilege. Hans an old cop exhausted by life and a divorce he did not expect at all.
Adé, a young Malian who dreams of becoming a famous football star, but has to hide and to work illegally for now. Momo, who has abandoned his studies to become a garbage collector in order to support his family in Algeria, but cannot bring himself to tell them the truth about his new life. And then there is Claire, a young Swiss woman, lost and erring in the night. Annihilated by the use of drugs.. A chronicle where the destinies of locals and foreigners will cross, collide, between doubt, dignity, indifference, violence, and humanity.
A night revealing to each one of them what he wanted to hide or did not want to see.
Hicham Al Hayat
English / Deutsch / Español
35mm 1 : 85 Couleur / digital Beta
Type & Running time
Feature film – 108′
Year of production 2006
Country of production Switzerland
- Muscat International Film Festival, Oman, 2008. Public grand Prize & Best first feature film
- 5th Panafricain International Film Festival, Cannes, France, 2008. Dikalo Award for Best feature Film
- 28th Mostra de Valencia Spain 2007. Public Grand Prize
- The Harlem International Film Festival,2007. Brown stone for Best Director Award
- 7th AMAL International Euro Arab Film festival, in Santiago de Compostela, Spain. 2007. Best Director Award
- 7th Arab Film Festival of Rotterdam, Holland, 2007. Best Film Award & Best Actress for Madeleine Piguet
- 31st. Mostra de Sao Paulo International Film Festival, October 19th to November 1st. (New Filmmakers Official Competition)